Legalization of stay in Poland (Information for non-European Union residents)
To stay legally in Poland, you must have either:
- A valid VISA in a foreign passport ;
- A valid temporary resident card ;
VISA can be obtained in the country where you live permanently, at the Polish consulate.
You can obtain a temporary residence card in Poland, in the voivodship office; the permit is granted by the voivod competent for the foreigner’s place of residence
Temporary residence card
- The proceedings to grant a temporary residence permit for the purpose of studying are initiated upon the application of a third-country national submitted to the voivode competent for the place of his/her residence.
- The application for granting a temporary residence permit shall be submitted on a form according to the specimen specified in Appendix No. 1 to the Ordinance of the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration of 17 April 2019. on the application for granting a foreigner a temporary residence permit
- You can also find the application form at: www.cudzoziemcy.gov.pl
You can find more information on these websites:
Pomeranian Voivodeship Office in Gdansk
The foreigner applies for the visa independently in his/her own country. The documents you need are available on the website of the consulate with jurisdiction over your residence.