Registration of foreign candidates for academic year 2024/2025 in the IRK system to study in English starts  March 15 and lasts untill August 31, 2024

Academic year starts October 1, 2024.

If you don’t have Polish citizenship
you must apply as foreigner. All candidates applying to GUPES undergo the same proces of evaluation regardless of their qualifications.

If you have Polish citizenship (even as dual citizenship)
you must apply on the basis of rules for Polish citizens. Remember: if you hold multiple citizenships and Polish is one of them (e.g. dual citizenship), then you are legally a Polish citizen and you must apply on the basis of rules for Polish citizens.

Choose the programme you are interested in and read the entry requirements in Resolution of GUPES for international students.


Begin with preparing all required documents. Remember that some of them  may take a while to obtain, so start to complete them as soon as possible. Most of the documents are required to be attached in the online recruitment system.


– signed personal questionnaire downloaded from the system including the photograph
– passport or ID card (for European Union citizens)
– Polish Matura certificate or its foreign equivalent (secondary school certificate with the list of grades entitles to apply for higher education in the country where it was issued).
– certificate confirming the right to continue education at an appropriate level in the country in which educational system the certificate was issued, including the right to apply for admission to higher eduaction institutions and its scope (if there is no such scope of  information on the certificate)
– certified translation of all documents issued in the language other than the programme language (English or Polish)
– document confirming knowledge of English –  level B1 is required (list of documents GUPES accepts). If  you are from the country with English as the official language you don’t have to provide any document.
apostille or legalisation of a document of international qualification (secondary school certificate), issued outside of Poland.


Register in IRK system (recruitment system) and upload all required documents.


Pay  admission fee (18 euro) and attach the proof of payment to the system IRK.


Online exam will be organized only for those who are not able to provide the certificate confirming the knowledfge of English (here is the list of certificates GUPES accepts).  Candidates from countries with English as the official language are exempted from the exam.

To apply for bachelor’s programme your level of English must be minimum B1.


Pay tuition fee for the whole year of study (first year) and attach the proof of payment to the system IRK.


After publishing the list of candidates accepted  – the commission issues individual invitations, admission certificates to receive a VISA and issues conditional admission decisions.


– deliver a set of oryginal documents to show
– proof of the insurance
– a certificate issued by an occupational medicine doctor confirming that there  are no contraindications to undergoing studies (the university helps to arrange a visit)
– translation in Polish (of the secondary school certificate) – within two months of the beginning of the academic year
– decision on recognition of a document of international qualification, issued by the Polish education authority (kurator oświaty).


Some certificates are recognized in Poland by virtue of law and they do not require any additional administrative actions in order to undertake studies. Such recognition applies to certificates issued in Member States of the EU, OECD, EFTA and countries with which Poland has signed international agreements on mutual documents recognition (e.g. Ukraine, China, Belarus).

These are documents obtained in: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, the Netherlands, Spain, Ireland, Island, Israel, Japan, Canada, South Korea, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Mexico, Germany, Norway, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, USA, Hungary, UK, Italy.

building GUPES

International qualification certificates obtained outside of Poland (except for the International Baccalaureate diploma and the European Baccalaureate certificate) have to be authenticated with apostille or legalised. If the documents are issued in countries which are parties to the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 (Dz.U. z 2005 r. nr 112, poz. 938), apostille has to be obtained. The list of countries and institutions responsible in each country for issuing apostille may be found here.

Documents have to be legalized if obtaining an apostille is not possible because the country that issued the document is not a party to the Hague Convention mentioned above. If the certificate was issued in such country, you need to contact the institution responsible in this country for legalising documents (in order to use them abroad). Usually it is the ministry of foreign affairs or ministry of education. After obtaining initial confirmation, the Polish consulate should be contacted in order to finalise legalisation of the document.


If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask:

phone: +48 58 55 47 452;  +48 511 176 938