Where is GUPES located?
The university is located at: Poland, Pomeranian Voivodship, City of Gdansk, Street: Kazimierza Gorskiego 1, Postcode: 80-336
Where is the dorm/student's house?
The dormitory/student house is located at: : Poland, Pomeranian Voivodship, City of Gdańsk, Street: Józefa Czyżewskiego 33, Postcode: 80-336.
How long does it take to study in Poland?
- The Bachelor’s degree (I degree) is 3 years long, where 1 year = 2 semesters (winter and summer). Each semester ends with exams. In total, 3 years equals 6 semesters.
- Master’s studies (II degree) is 2 years long, where 1 year = 2 semesters (winter and summer). Each semester ends with exams. In total, 2 years equals 4 semesters.
When are the exams?
Each semester ends with exams.
- The first semester (winter) always starts on October 1 and lasts until February. In February, students take exams in the all subjects in semester.
- The second semester (summer) always begins in March and lasts until the end of June. In June, students take exams for all subjects in the semester.
What should I do if I don't pass a subject?
Students have 3 deadlines to pass the course, where 1 deadline is the primary deadline and the 2nd and 3rd deadlines are the make-up deadlines.
If you have not passed the exam in 3 terms, then:
- You may apply for conditional registration to the next semester. (You must complete the application and submit it to the Dean’s Office) – This is a paid option. An application must be submitted prior to payment. The fee is in accordance with the Educational fees for foreign citizens current academic year and the student must pay the ECTS value of the course he/she did not pass.
How can I contact the teacher?
- You need to check for the teacher’s contact on this page: https://awf.gda.pl/international/%20departments-and-divisions%20/
- If you are still having trouble finding a teacher, ask any of these ladies:
Where can I check my grades?
Student grades are published in the Virtual University. To be able to log in to the Virtual University, contact the staff member who serves international students. He will generate a password for you and you can log in.